[Bloat] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Rpm] net neutrality back in the news

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Fri Sep 29 04:56:42 EDT 2023

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 28, 2023 at 09:07:23PM +0000, Livingood, Jason via Bloat wrote:
> […]
> Side note - a lot of IETF work flowed from the P2P workshop the IETF
> held in response to all this, including new WGs - LEDBAT, ALTO, CDNI.
>
> JL
>
> PS - some of the P2P workshop papers would be interesting to read again if we could find them:

The wiki link in RFC 5594 <https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5594.html> seems to have been lost, but archive.org has
at least some of the contents, see, e.g.,
<https://web.archive.org/web/20170101000000*/http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rai/trac/wiki/PeerToPeerInfrastructure>.

https://web.archive.org/web/20090721015803/http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rai/trac/attachment/wiki/PeerToPeerInfrastructure/1%20p2pi-weaver.txt

> [2] Paul Jessop - Position paper of the RIAA

That's missing from archive.org.

> [3] Nikloaos Laotaris, Pablo Rodriguez, Laurent Massoulie - ECHOES:
> Edge Capacity Hosting Overlays of Nano Data Centers
> […]

I did not look for the other position papers.

Cheers,
Erik
--
If things aren’t simple, they won’t work.
                        -- Radia Perlman