[Bloat] The Confucius queue management scheme

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 14:42:19 EST 2024

nice to see someone looking at slow start finally. Hilarious that they
do not call it by name. Slow start overshoot I have been now harping
on for a decade...

On Sat, Feb 10, 2024 at 12:05 PM Toke Høiland-Jørgensen via Bloat
<bloat at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:

> This looks interesting: https://arxiv.org/pdf/2310.18030.pdf
>
> They propose a scheme to gradually let new flows achieve their fair
> share of the bandwidth, to avoid the sudden drops in the available
> capacity for existing flows that can happen with FQ if a lot of flows
> start up at the same time.
>
> No code available, unfortunately, although they promise to release it
> later...
>
> -Toke

40 years of net history, a couple songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9RGX6QFm5E
Dave Täht CSO, LibreQos