[Bloat] Trying to *really* understand Linux pacing

Michael Welzl michawe at ifi.uio.no
Mon Feb 19 08:54:19 EST 2024

Dear all,

I’m now finally done updating the document, based on inputs from various folks in this round - most notably Neal, who went to great lengths to help me understand what I saw in my tests (thank you!).  Now the description should be mostly correct (I hope) and pretty complete, and it also includes TSO / GSO.

Comments are still welcome if anyone sees a mistake or something:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-uXnPDcVBKmg5krkG5wYBgaA2yLSFK_kZa7xGDWc7XU/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-uXnPDcVBKmg5krkG5wYBgaA2yLSFK_kZa7xGDWc7XU/edit?usp=sharing>

Several people have in the meanwhile told me that this is useful for the community. I’m glad to hear that!  I really only started this for myself, just to understand what’s going on. Now I believe I do… but hey, if this helps others too, this is great!   So, please feel free to forward this.

Cheers,
Michael