[Bloat] some bufferbloat history ruminations

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 15:40:17 EST 2024

I totally did not remember writing this piece about the bufferbloat
projects' history (vs a vs mikrotik the then pending mikrotik
deployment) before now.

https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=181289

I have had several people encourage me to write a book, but I fear
only 300 people would read it. How amazingly hard it has been to
merely get people to, at the very least, use a buffer size suitable
for the bandwidth, not even any of our fancy-schmancy algorithms - and
the enormous spread of the internet into all of our lives.

Today´s disappointment was that ubnt´s new product had a 10 year old
version of fq_codel in it.
https://twitter.com/underlinux/status/1761467036536848744

14 years I´ve been at this now. I´m going drinking. Have a great
friday, everyone.

--
https://blog.cerowrt.org/post/2024_predictions/
Dave Täht CSO, LibreQos