[Bloat] Disappointment on "Best Newcomer Router" front

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sun Feb 25 17:28:24 EST 2024

Mmmh,

maybe regroup and refocus and look for a relative simple wired-only variant, then e.g. the naonopi 4RS might do, 2 ethernet ports, comes with an optional case (not sure whether it is pre assembled) enough oomp to SQM at 300 Mbps (as far as I heard, I have not tested that myself though)... this will still need an AP/switch combination, but for that an off the shelf wifi6 AP might already suffice (or as pure AP the coming OpenWrt One, which I am quite excited about, way mote excited that I should). Is that what you asked for, hell no. But it might do as a replacement in a pinch...