[Bloat] Fwd: "Very interesting L4S presentation from Nokia Bell Labs on tap for RIPE 88 in Krakow this week! "

Livingood, Jason jason_livingood at comcast.com
Wed May 22 08:48:27 EDT 2024

> in the IETF the gap between the 'no politics' motto

There have always been politics at the IETF and in every other SDO, open source project, etc. – it is human nature IMO.

> And the fact that WG members see no harm in having private only strategy discussions with chairs and ADs.

In my personal experience at the IETF, when you are lead author or editor of a working group document it is routine to strategize with WG chairs and even ADs on how to keep the document moving forward, how to resolve conflict and achieve consensus, and how to be well-prepared for meetings. That IMO is a sign of WG chairs and ADs doing their job of developing standards on a timely basis.

JL