[Cake] [Codel] hard limit codel

Andrew McGregor andrewmcgr at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 08:10:26 EDT 2015

Of course it fails at high RTT.  Unfortunately, long RTTs are pretty
common... for almost anything EXCEPT VIDEO.  Video, on the other hand,
is almost always served a) by application paced servers and b) over
the shortest RTT available.  So video isn't even a question for
high-RTT evaluations.  Even the upload stream from a VC client (not
usually TCP at all in the first place) is not usually going half way
round the world.