[Cake] 450 flow tests

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 14:52:54 EDT 2015

> On 22 Apr, 2015, at 18:59, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> * Cake totally controls things

Yay!  And there really aren’t very many collisions there, so the FQ logic is still mostly working as designed.

> * As does cake flowblind, but less so

That is surprising, actually.  With shaping off, all packets having the same DSCP and with FQ disabled, it should behave similarly to ns4_codel (as I used codel4.h as a basis for codel5.h).  That the three “way” stats counters remain at zero confirms that the FQ logic is being completely bypassed (since if the hash was fixed at zero and the FQ logic still ran, you’d see at least some misses and indirect hits as well as a lot of collisions, since the set-associative logic would still search the first 8 queues).

But I didn’t notice an ns4_codel test run in your post.  A direct comparison might be apt, and then we can look at the differences between ns4_codel and the other codels in isolation.