[Cake] documentation review request and out of tree cake builds for openwrt/etc.

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 14:04:10 EDT 2015

1) I have burned much of the morning updating this:

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/codel/wiki/Cake

Reviewers wanted.

2) I am not sure of the right configuration to push stuff to the
iproute2-cake repo (removing sfq_codel, and there is an important
bugfix in the mainline iproute2 that needs to be pushed into it)

3) I have pushed support for building cake out of tree in openwrt to
the ceropackages repo (for now), but have not created a new
iproute2-cake for it due to item 2. My intent would be to get both
into openwrt chaos calmer for further testing... in some repo or
another that wasn't ceropackages. the routing repo?

4) http://www.dslreports.com/forum/news,133536~fmode=flat~days=2000
has some good convo going on also.

Open Networking needs **Open Source Hardware**

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+EricRaymond/posts/JqxCe2pFr67