[Cake] dscp & tunneling

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 07:22:00 EST 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant
<kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> wrote:

> the same test shows all those flows going in the best effort tin and
> nothing being split out according to dscp.  Things are split out
> correctly with ipv4.  Assuming that my installation of flent is doing
> the right thing (putting dscp on its outbound ipv6 packets) and knowing
> that both flent & cake handle the ipv4 version of the test correctly and
> that by the time 'cake' sees my tunnel it's all ipv4 outer packets
> anyway, this suggests dscp from inner ipv6 to outer ipv4 isn't taking
> place, at least for 6in4 'sit' tunnels :-(

Wireshark is your friend here.

It would not surprise me if dscp inherit had broken again, or, it was
borked on decapsulation. Not a widely tested feature, that.

I remember making it work several years ago, remember sort of seeing
the patches go upstream somewhere.... it was a long time ago.