[Cake] How to test Cake on TP-Link WDR3600

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Mon Jul 27 03:10:16 EDT 2015

Hi Alec,

On Jul 26, 2015, at 14:32 , Alec Robertson <alecrobertson13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am I right to assume that with Cake more bandwidth should be available to use, without affecting latency?

	This depends; compared to not using SQM you will loose some bandwidth, BUT the latency should stay nicely bound. The main improvement in a nutshell is that with properly configured SQM (with cake being the easiest to setup variant with lots of clever tricks under the hood) your link will still stay reasonably snappy even under saturating load. In other words the links keeps useable when you actually use it, most people consider the typically required bandwidth sacrifice of 10-15% for downstream acceptable…

	By the way, if I could convince you to post the results of the following commands run on your router via ssh:

cat /etc/config/sqm
/etc/init.d/sqm stop
tc -d qdisc
/etc/init.d/sqm start