[Cake] a little bit of cake testing

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 13:11:24 EDT 2015

My network here is in flux (new modem, signal strength problems, cable
problems) and toke's testbed is presently doing wifi work, so I did a
quick mod to fishcake to make it do linux 4.0 (note I am not sure if
this was a 4.1 or a 4.0 change) - attached. (and we lose a few cake
options due to me not grokking the new API)

Cake did well on this, but the behavior at the tail end of the test
was disturbing:

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/611312

Need to do some work to emulate the dslreports tests.

And it dropped  LOT more packets than fq_codel did. fq_codel marked 33
packets for it's result, cake marked 600 and dropped 200, for its.

I did some rrul testing as well, but was fighting with a modem that
used to get 140Mbits, and now only gets 70mbits, and behaves very
differently overall with pfifo_fast than i had ever seen before. And
along the way snapon got upgraded a bit too... sigh...

What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast