[Cake] an "evil" queue class?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 21:08:59 EDT 2015

An evil flow is one that is consistently not responding to drops, and
occupying a vastly disproportionate amount of queue space compared to
the other flows.

The HHF qdisc has a concept like this in it, but what  I have in mind
is simpler.

Somewhat related, we can make cake_drop be less cpu intensive and more
deterministic with a small cache of the top (say, 3) "offenders"
maintained at either dequeue or enqueue time.

(ideas based on pounding codel flat with iperf -u and watching it stay
pounded flat for a long period of time)

What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast