[Cake] Today's cake

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 02:25:18 EDT 2015

>> The “50 up 1 down asymmetric” test now produces the desired results for
the download stream *without* the need to prioritise the acks; Codel now
reaches a steady-ish state where it drops enough of them to keep everything
moving, and this leaves more bandwidth in the up direction for the 50
streams.

>> The version of that test with a prioritised download stream reveals that
quite a lot of drops (as well as marks) are still occurring in the 50
streams.  This, to my mind, is a sign of too much aggression in the switch
from marking to dropping, but I need to work out the numbers to be more
confident about adjusting that.

>k. What bandwidth?

100/10 Mbit, no added latency, on a LAN.

I should also check what happens when I add a little latency to the mix.