[Cake] Latest build test - new sqm-scripts seem to work; "cake overhead 40" [still] didn't

Alan Jenkins alan.christopher.jenkins at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 06:55:48 EDT 2015

On 19/06/2015, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fresh bits! Get your fresh bits here! (totally untested)
>
> http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero3/lupin/ar71xx/

Good news: it lives!  Yum, fresh bits.

So now I can update and install packages.  Including tc-adv.  It looks
like it was overriding tc already though.

Bad news: I still can't set cake's overhead option (sticks at 0).

# tc -V
tc utility, iproute2-ss4.1.0-git-1-openwrt

# tc qdisc del dev pppoe-wan root
# tc qdisc |grep "dev pppoe-wan"
qdisc fq_codel 0: dev pppoe-wan root refcnt 2 limit 1024p flows 1024
quantum 300 target 5.0ms interval 100.0ms ecn
qdisc ingress ffff: dev pppoe-wan parent ffff:fff1 ----------------

# tc qdisc add dev pppoe-wan root cake bandwidth 970Kbit
besteffort flows atm  overhead 40

# tc qdisc |grep "dev pppoe-wan"
qdisc cake 800d: dev pppoe-wan root refcnt 2 bandwidth 970Kbit
besteffort flows atm overhead 0
qdisc ingress ffff: dev pppoe-wan parent ffff:fff1 ----------------

Alan