[Cake] openwrt build with latest cake and other qdiscs

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 11:32:33 EDT 2015

> On 14 May, 2015, at 17:57, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> I am probably daft, but looking at the comment in front of skb_gso_network_seglen() (see http://lxr.free-electrons.com/ident?i=skb_gso_network_seglen ) makes me thick there is a way of getting the lengths of the individual segments of a GSO aggregate

All the segments (except possibly the last) will be MTU sized, I suspect.  The necessary headers would be duplicated, with fresh (sequential) IP IDs, adjusted TCP sequence numbers and recalculated checksums.  The size of the last segment (and maybe the number of segments) would depend on the header size, since a bigger header (due eg. to TCP timestamps) reduces the payload per packet.

I don’t immediately see how to reliably calculate the sizes of the resulting packets.  So I’d rather split them up and be certain about it, in the cases where it matters most, and take the size of the aggregate as sufficiently reliable in other cases.