[Cake] openwrt build with latest cake and other qdiscs

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 17:49:26 EDT 2015

> On 15 May, 2015, at 05:27, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well, there is a lot of redundant work being done in cake_enqueue in
> this case - the diffserv lookup (which might not be redundant but
> usually is), the hashing (which will be), grabbing the timestamp
> (probably won't hurt to just grab it once for the whole aggregate),
> and so on down through cake_enqueue
>
> I do not have sufficient expertise to evaluate the rest. But would
> certainly like to benchmark it as is.

Well, premature optimisation and all that.  I think I can see how to refactor it to take those possibilities into account, but I’d like to know whether it basically works as-is before I try that.

On the assumption that most people who are more interested in the overhead code have already grabbed it, I’ve pushed it to the sch_cake repo so that we’re on the same page.