[Cake] peeling at sub-1ms

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 00:56:35 EDT 2015

> On 23 May, 2015, at 20:47, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I would be happier if we peeled at 250usec rather than 1ms. At
> 110Mbit that is 2 packets, but at a gig quite a lot.
>
> (selfishly, that is the speed I am running at while watching
> dslreports misbehave)
>
> The second problem is that the default peeling behavior somehow should
> work while at line rate, whether the rate be 10mbit or a gbit.
>
> another option is when we know we have lots of flows, to peel more.

Since it doesn’t seem to have completely blown up in your face, I can assume that I was on basically the right track, and do a bit more refinement on the peeling code.  There probably is some room for efficiency improvements.

If I do some pre-computation at shaper configuration time, I think I can efficiently handle the cases you mention.