[Cake] Long-RTT broken again

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 20:39:06 EST 2015

> On 2 Nov, 2015, at 20:29, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> the initial commit was not as well tested as it should have been…

Indeed, and the obvious problems with it were why I reverted it.  I was able to put in a partial implementation by other means at the same time, but haven’t yet had time to polish off the rough edges.

The question remains why a 15MB buffer (which comfortably exceeds the traditional FIFO rule of thumb for 1 second * 100Mbps) is apparently insufficient according to Toke’s tests, even with the target increased as requested.