[Cake] Correct 'change' behaviour

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Wed Nov 4 13:55:56 EST 2015

Hi All,

On Nov 4, 2015, at 19:51 , Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:

> Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant <kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> writes:
>
>> Doesn't the comment in the code say in essence "if it's the same type of
>> qdisc then the operation is a change, else the operation is (an atomic)
>> remove/add" ?  Or did I mis-read it.
>
> Hmm, that's not how I understood the comment (nor the code). But it
> certainly seems that that is what happens. Asked on netdev, let's see
> what they say... :)

	That would be unfortunate, as I believe this would require another keyword for tc in addition to “change" and “replace" we would need “initialize”, “defaults” or “re-set” with ample opportunities for selecting that bike-shed’s color… If the replace degenerates to a change is on purpose we have no chance getting it changed, but even if it was accidental there might be people expecting that behavior now :(