[Cake] Flent - EF & CS5 classes

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Thu Nov 5 07:55:57 EST 2015

Hi Kevin,

On Nov 5, 2015, at 13:50 , Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant <kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> wrote:

> Afternoon list :-)
>
> I've just been playing a little with 'flent' and noticed that the
> default 'rrul' test maybe doesn't exercise cake's tin segments as much
> as it could.  Flent graphs EF & CS5 traffic but in both diffserv4 &
> diffserv8 cake puts that traffic into the same tin.  With a diffserv4
> config, flent rrul tests tins 0,1 & 3 (Bk, be & voice) but nothing gets
> put in tin 2 ('streaming video')
>
> What am I doing wrong? :-)  Again!

	I believe nothing; I always considered this to be on purpose to have one shared tier (but I note that simple.qos only has three tiers to begin with ;)). Maybe it is time for rrul8 spawning one stream per CS? Then we would see how the different classes behave as well as the effect of coinhibitation of a band by multiple flows…