[Cake] Long-RTT broken again

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Sat Nov 7 11:34:46 EST 2015

Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> writes:

> Okay, that seems to be working somewhat better now.  I’m still not
> getting 100Mbps throughput in either direction, but now it seems to be
> because the receive windows won’t open far enough - there’s enough
> buffering to prevent any packet loss.

Yup, re-ran the tests in the testbed, and cake does indeed achieve the
full throughput now. Awesome! :)

Reno still goes out of slow start too early and doesn't hit full
capacity. And for some reason the reno results are asymmetrical. I'm
guessing it's due to random timing errors, though; unless someone else
has another idea?

Test data in the same directory as before; look at the time stamps :)

-Toke