[Cake] Announce - possible new feature - DSCP cleaning

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Mon Nov 16 11:25:42 EST 2015

On 16/11/15 15:57, Dave Taht wrote:
> isn't there some other boolean variable somewhere ?
>
> Dave Täht
> Let's go make home routers and wifi faster! With better software!
> https://www.gofundme.com/savewifi

Well there's something called 'rate_flags', currently enumerated:

enum {
        CAKE_FLAG_ATM = 0x0001,
        CAKE_FLAG_AUTORATE_INGRESS = 0x0010
};

I could add 'CAKE_FLAG_SQUASH = 0x0100' or even '0x0020' - I don't know
why the gap between ATM and AUTORATE_INGRESS.

When I created 'squash' I did at least reduce the size of tin_cnt so I
didn't screw up the alignment (or change the size of the structure)  I'm
learning, slowly.  Also (and this is ancient) my previous assembler
knowledge is that checking a byte for non zero is quicker than checking
a bit in a byte, so that probably erroneously biased me toward a byte
rather than a bit  :-)