[Cake] Cake performance optimization

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Mon Nov 23 06:16:46 EST 2015

Hi Vincent,

On Nov 23, 2015, at 10:50 , Vincent Frentzel <vincent at frentzel.eu> wrote:

> Sounds encouraging. Just a note/thought... I am actually not running ingress through the IFB. I set the download speed to 0 and perform egress shaping on the lan bridge iface (br-lan).

	Not a bad idea, this gets rid of to challenges at once: the fact that redirection through an IFB is not computationally free and the fact that the ingress packets in the IFB are pre-NAT (as seen from outside) and will not allow to use simple filtering based on internal IP or MAC addresses. I am also happy to hear that shaping on the bridge works…