[Cake] cake stats 1+ stuff not big on

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Mon Oct 5 05:40:44 EDT 2015

Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> writes:

> Pk delay        17us # no like this also for parsing reasons.

Meh, this is normal, and not hard to deal with in a parser. And since
this is standard for other tc output, it has to be dealt with anyway.

>   flows      1+    2 # no like this for parsing reasons

Never mind parsing reasons; it doesn't make sense to humans either :P

As a general point, I'd argue against making it harder for humans to
read the output in an attempt to make it "easier" to parse. In that
case, do a full machine-readable output (CSV, json, etc); otherwise
we'll end up with ugly output that is still hard to parse...

-Toke