[Cake] flow_hash vs host_hash

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Mon Oct 5 08:45:09 EDT 2015

Hi Jonathan,

On Oct 5, 2015, at 14:30 , Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's a precursor to the dual host/flow isolation, which I'm still working on.

	I believe that this is the single most asked-for feature in the openwrt forums, people somehow want to enforce per internal-IP fairness. I am not sure whether all/most people actually need this, since only a few have tries pure flow-isolation before declaring per-internal-SRC-IP fairness a requirement. But once this is in (and we get cake into openwrt default builds), you will have saved a considerable amount of people gray hair ;) Just to be clear, I am a huge cake fan (despite my occasionally sceptic emails about obscure side issues) and hope with the dual isolation cake will offer almost everything a typical user might actually want (well, except the ponies)