[Cake] flow_hash vs host_hash

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Tue Oct 6 04:27:26 EDT 2015

Hi Toke,

On Oct 6, 2015, at 10:13 , Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:

> Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> writes:
>
>> 	I believe you nailed it, but the pony will still work on egress,
>
> Don't packets hit the qdisc after NAT has been applied?

	As far as I know not for IFBs; that is the reason why we need tc filters on ingress and can not use netfilter. And why using iptables to map the DSCP to zero will still result in our shaper seeing the DSCP markings from upstream (which I could confirm happening for IPv6, as my ISP conserved flent’s DSCP marks, so I saw nice priority band based stratification in flent's graphics). I think that IFBs predecessor IMQ was different in that regard.