[Cake] Exposing the interval (rtt) parameter

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Fri Oct 9 02:16:04 EDT 2015

On 08/10/15 13:03, Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant wrote:
> I seem to remember a recent request to be able to specify the codel
> interval parameter within cake.  I've just pushed a branch
> 'exposeinterval' to both sch_cake & tc-adv which I believe does this.
>
> My coding is very much of the copy'n'paste'n'tweak level so this
> definitely needs looking over by skilled & experienced eyes, however in
> the spirit of collaboration it might be a start.
>
> Another warning: Nothing has been tested; sch-cake compiles.  tc-adv
> hasn't even been tested that far yet!  Hopefully this evening will
> rectify that as I'll be able to give the kiss of life to my router if
> needed :-)

Okay, well *now* it compiles (hangs head in shame at silly typos) and
runs (router survived the night)  The tc user interface is horrible in
that it needs warnings if trying to set a silly value (and also needs a
suitable scaling factor supplied eg. 300ms rather than just 300) but
fundamentally this parameter does get passed from user space to kernel
space and cake does indeed use this as an interval value.  Excuse me
while I say that's a result :-)

One thing I cannot suss out at the moment is why tc isn't reporting the
passed 'rtt' value on a 'tc -s qdisc' command.  It has to be a silly but
I can't work it out at the moment - please let me know if you can see
how I've been stupid.

Kevin