[Cake] Cake parameter anomaly?

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Tue Oct 13 06:22:06 EDT 2015

Hi List,

In pkt_sched.h we see an enumeration for 'TCA_CAKE_ACTIVE_FLOWS':

/* CAKE */
enum {
        TCA_CAKE_UNSPEC,
        TCA_CAKE_BASE_RATE,
        TCA_CAKE_DIFFSERV_MODE,
        TCA_CAKE_ATM,
        TCA_CAKE_FLOW_MODE,
        TCA_CAKE_OVERHEAD,
        TCA_CAKE_ACTIVE_FLOWS,
        TCA_CAKE_RTT,
        TCA_CAKE_TARGET,
        __TCA_CAKE_MAX
};
#define TCA_CAKE_MAX    (__TCA_CAKE_MAX - 1)

These enumerations are normally used for passing options from tc into
the cake module, but at the present time, nowhere in either cake or tc
can I see use of 'ACTIVE_FLOWS'.  It's not read as an input into cake,
nor is it sent out of cake back to tc via the nla_policy.

Is this a 'typo' from when bulk/sparse flows reporting was put into the
stats, or is it some as yet unimplemented feature?

I've meant to ask about this before but it sort of got lost.

Kevin