[Cake] Loving the progress on Cake (tins) - tc?

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 00:42:50 EDT 2015

> On 14 Oct, 2015, at 14:11, Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant <kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> wrote:
>
> Is there a matching update to user space 'tc' yet and I've just missed
> it?   I can see there's been quite a change to the stats structures &
> output so I definitely understand its not a trivial change to 'tc' so
> maybe requires more bake time.

Toke’s repo has now been updated accordingly.  It still understands the old format as well as the new one.  However, it *does not* read the interim format, because it cannot be distinguished reliably from the old format, and the two are mutually incompatible.

The new stats struct can be extended with new statistics when required.  The old one could be extended with a larger number of classes/tins, but that proved to be less useful.  Although I had left a generous amount of padding originally, all that space was eventually used up.

Also put in now are keywords for the RTT parameter:

	datacentre = 100 us
	lan = 1 ms (covers both ethernet and home wifi)
	metro = 10 ms
	regional = 30 ms
	internet = 100 ms (default)
	oceanic = 300 ms