[Cake] Fresh from the bakery

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Fri Oct 16 09:27:31 EDT 2015

On 16/10/15 11:24, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 1:39 PM, Loganaden Velvindron
> <loganaden at gmail.com <mailto:loganaden at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Building the latest tc-adv causes issues with gcc.
>

>     gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes
>     -Wmissing-declarations -Wold-style-definition -Wformat=2 -O2
>     -I../include -DRESOLVE_HOSTNAMES -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/lib\"
>     -DCONFDIR=\"/etc/iproute2\" -D_GNU_SOURCE  -DHAVE_SETNS -DHAVE_ELF
>     -DCONFIG_GACT -DCONFIG_GACT_PROB
>     -DIPT_LIB_DIR=\"/usr/lib/iptables\" -DYY_NO_INPUT   -c -o
>     q_cake0.o q_cake0.c
>     In file included from q_cake.c:48:0:
>     q_cake.c: In function
>     ‘cake_print_xstats’:../include/utils.h:177:55: error: expected
>     expression before ‘)’ token # define offsetof(type, member) (
>     (size_t) & ( (type *) 0 )->member )
>                             ^q_cake.c:500:31: note: in expansion of
>     macro ‘offsetof’
>          && RTA_PAYLOAD(xstats) >= offsetof(*stnc, capacity_estimate))
>
>     GCC version:
>     gcc version 5.2.0 (GCC)
>

> The commit causing the issue is this one:
>
> https://github.com/dtaht/tc-adv/commit/9b2dc094b2b1526ec4222efc1b0a1d02812def5a
>
> I'm not sure about the fix. here is it:
>
> https://github.com/dtaht/tc-adv/pull/7

Hi Logan,

Thanks for the report.  It breaks here too :-( I'm annoyed with myself
for merging the latest, latest, latest commits (around 02:00 my time)
early this morning without at least compile testing them.  I think it
was about 05:00 whilst doing an overnight shift (Aussie MotoGP) and the
box I did it on is a little out of date and slow (would require a
toolchain rebuild which is about 4 hours!)  Normally I at least compile
test.  Oh well, move on...

I'm sure Jonathan will pick this up shortly - In fact as I type this
after just compile testing & installing your fix I notice that he has :-)

Logan, thanks very much for your fix, it's appreciated.  I will however
close your pull request and merge in the (identical!) fix from upstream
to keep the git histories a little closer.

Cheers,

Kevin