[Cake] memory

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Thu Oct 29 06:11:22 EDT 2015

Hi Toke,

On Oct 29, 2015, at 11:04 , Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:

> Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> writes:
>
>> 	This is all quite interesting and correct; the point I failed to make
>> clearly it seems, is that a 50MB limit on a 64MB router can not be called sane
>> or safe, no matter how you slice or dice it… It is one thing having cake tell me
>> that it thinks the limit I gave is to low to reach full throughput as long as it
>> accepts the given limit.
>
> Well, a solution would be to not configure your 64-MB router with a
> 100Mbit / 1000ms connection :)

	Fair enough ;) Let’s get the soldering iron out and see whether I can replace the phi with a 10Mbit one ;), mmmh, maybe I should run 10BASE5 and do away with all that modernist “hub” and “switch” witch craft while I am at it
Joking aside, I believe the issue only occurred on loooong RTTs so it will only be a minor issue in real life, but still it would be nice if cake would not introduce the possibility for remote parties to make my router OOM/reboot ;). I might be odd, but I prefer a hit in throughput to a forced reboot any day ;)