[Cake] diffserv in cake

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 08:13:47 EDT 2015

I am still way behind on email, only reading things peripherally, and
trying to keep to one subject per mail.

I have never thought the schemes we currently have in cake for
diffserv will survive exposure to what ISPs and other users consider
the "real world".

It was my hope, instead, that with ease we could add new models for
how to handle diffserv handling along existing htb based schemes.

I have long pursued every isp that I have contact with to talk about
their stuff, and none have responded.

We have not even tried to address vlans, for example... and probably should.

However the API lets us add new models easily, and I am thus, certain,
no matter what we deliver, that some big user will diss us as to what
we got wrong, fix it internally, and end up with a conflicting api for
whatever they deploy, and diss us for not intuiting their needs well
enough. I'm prepared to live with that.

Dave Täht
I just invested five years of my life to making wifi better. And,
now... the FCC wants to make my work, illegal for people to install.
https://www.gofundme.com/savewifi