[Cake] hit BUG_ON at line 1126 in sch_cake.c

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sat Oct 31 12:40:00 EDT 2015

The subject line tells it all, while test driving sch_cake (with Tokes recent changes, but before Kevin’s changes).
After playing a bit with deleting and adding cake qdiscs on eth0 the following in cake_reconfigure() hit:

 BUG_ON(q->tin_cnt >= CAKE_MAX_TINS);

Not sure why, but something is not as stable under the opensuse 3.16.7-24-desktop kernel as I would like it to be…
(I have a photograph of the kernel’s bug display, but assume it will not be too helpful, right?)