[Cake] Stranger target behaviour

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 16:29:06 EDT 2015

The second one is from the interval >> 4, which equates to 6.2ms. I
note I picked that because some early data (2012) we had showed that
target slightly greater than cable media acquision (6ms) time was a
slight win, and it did not hurt to use a number more evenly divisible
in binary than the arbitrary 5%.

Also there was somewhere else in the original code where I'd stopped
using the target variable entirely and just used the shifted interval,
but given low rates where we have to account for the MTU, that
approach does not work. (otherwise anytime I can replace a memory
access with a mere shift, I'd do it)

As for the first 5ms sample below, I am really behind on keeping up
with the code. After next weekend I would hope to have time, but I do
hope someone can step through all the permutations upon which init and
change can be called to nail it.

Somewhere on these threads someone suggested moving the target
calculation into userspace, which does not work well, IMHO, when cake
is the default qdisc, and we somehow get a means to actually get the
actual line rate.
Dave Täht
I just invested five years of my life to making wifi better. And,
now... the FCC wants to make my work, illegal for people to install.
https://www.gofundme.com/savewifi