[Cake] Beating bufferbloat

Alec Robertson alecrobertson13 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 18:01:37 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I’ve been out of the bufferbloat game for a while and want to try and beat it once again.

I’ve got an FTTC connection (UK) which I get around 60Mbps on but with horrible bufferbloat on my Billion 8800NL. What router should I get that can run OpenWRT and handle this connection? Do the newest builds of OpenWRT have cake built-in now via sqm-scripts or would I need to install this manually. If so, how would I do this?

Would appreciate any help and apologies if I come off in any way stupid.

--
Alec Robertson