[Cake] triple flow isolation

moeller0 moeller0 at gmx.de
Thu Jan 14 10:48:01 EST 2016

HI Jonathan,

> On Jan 14, 2016, at 15:45 , Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 14 Jan, 2016, at 16:20, moeller0 <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> I am really curious how cake behaves in that setting...
>
> I have identified a limitation in the current triple-isolation implementation - in fact it only works properly if the sources *and* destinations of the flows are independent.  I’m working on a fix, so that it also works when *either* are different.
	Ah, good to know, thanks. I am still curious about the non-NAT fairness by internal IP addresses only performance, as far as I understand that is the main request/use case people seem to have. We have been offering basically per-flow fairness for some time now (and that works mostly well), but it leaves people wishing for a tool to restrict the pain under-controlled bit-torrenting can have on all users of a given home network…

> Turns out that a brand-new, state-of-the-art algorithm has some subtleties to it.  Who would have thought.  :-)

;)