[Cake] fq_codel on 3g network in Mauritius

moeller0 moeller0 at gmx.de
Sun Jul 24 04:27:25 EDT 2016

Hi Loganaden,

this is exactly the right idea; interval basically defines the “reaction time” window, or the time the endpoints of a connection minimally require to actually react to the drop/mark signal. So on a slow link with RTTs in the order of 300ms set interval to 300ms.
Target should be set to around 5-10% of interval to optimze the bandwidth latency tradeoff, but in any case target should be larger than the time required to send an individual packet, so that no queue builds up for sparse flows.
It is not quite clear to me whether in your case you would account the long “pipeline” depth to the target or simply bandwidth/1540…