[Cake] fq_codel on 3g network in Mauritius

moeller0 moeller0 at gmx.de
Sun Jul 24 10:40:30 EDT 2016

Hi Jonathan,

> On Jul 24, 2016, at 13:28 , Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 24 Jul, 2016, at 13:53, moeller0 <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> In theory interval can be different for ingress and egress (think old-school SAT-internet with modem upload) it probably is easiest to only configure one interval setting for the time being.
>
> Since the interval parameter depends on the RTT, not the one-way delay, it should always be the same both ways (except for inter-packet-time effects).

	Thanks for setting this straight. I was confused; the thing that lingered at the back of my mind was that if we do the target extension for one direction and correct the interval in that direction, we should also correct the interval in the other direction, especially since as Jonathan points out the interval describes the full back-and-forth path…