[Cake] flow dissector idea/enhancement - help

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Thu Jun 2 07:09:56 EDT 2016

Hi All,

Cake uses the flow dissector API to do flow hashing...including per host
flows for dual/triple isolation.  The unfortunate bit is that the qdisc
inevitably gets placed after packets have been NATed on egress and
before they've been de-NATed on ingress.

When mentioned before Johnathan said "flow dissector ideally needs to be
tweaked to do this" or words to that effect.

I'd like to progress that idea...the thought of me kernel programming
should horrify everyone but really I'm asking for help in being pointed
in the right direction to ask for help...and go from there :-)

Kevin