[Cake] cake separate qos for lan

Allan Pinto allan316 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 11:14:50 EDT 2016

Hi ,
I'm experimenting in replacing a mikrotik router with plain linux. by
following the instructions on the cake page, i have setup the following
line in the /etc/ppp/ip-ip script so that the user will be limited to
bandwidth using cake.

/usr/sbin/tc qdisc add dev $pppdev root cake bandwidth ${BURST_DOWN}bit

but i have certain lan traffic available to the customer which should be
available at higher speed, for eg. cache traffic and i want to set that
speed to 20mbit default .

if i understand correctly i will have to mark traffic coming in from that
lan source using iptables, can someone guide me how to set bandwidth only
for that source to be higher.

--
Thanx and regd's.

Allan.