[Cake] Proposing COBALT

Luis E. Garcia luis at bitamins.net
Mon May 23 15:11:36 EDT 2016

It sounds like COBALT should be a bit smoother in terms of recovery/switch
time from one state to another - if this is the case, I would say that it
is a nice improvement - FQ_CODEL is smooth/fast in it's transition (at
least in my observations on a ping test while running multiple streams to
the bandwidth cap), and if the transition of the states is improved - I'm
all for it :)

Shorter & simpler code is always welcomed - I look forward to testing it.
Now I just need to reconfigure the network with a test router, without
breaking the internet at home so my wife doesn't notice.

Luis