[Cake] [Codel] Proposing COBALT

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:02:37 EDT 2016

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 9:56 AM, Jonathan Morton <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 24 May, 2016, at 18:52, Dave Täht <dave at taht.net> wrote:
>>
>> My last attempts with cake the way it was had it performing miserably at
>> longer RTTs (try 50ms) vs codel or fq-codel - as in half the throughput
>> achieved by codel, at that RTT.
>
> Was that before or after I found and fixed the invsqrt cache bug yesterday?

That was back in december, when I had also ripped out the invsqrt
cache entirely with things like "bcake".

(I still do not see any point to the invsqrt cache, nor )

I did some informal testing of recent cakes about a month back.. and
went back to fq_codel. cake ate too much cpu, queue depth was longer,
throughput at 50ms or longer, worse.

I decided that I'd much rather work on wifi.

Please test at longer rtts.

http://blog.cerowrt.org