[Cake] BUG_ON vs WARN_ON

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 11:53:39 EDT 2016

I did test this version of cake yesterday, had no major problems, aside from:

1) it seeming not to register drops under some circumstances in the
statistics. (could be flent)

2) switching stuff like this

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root cake bandwidth 700mbit
tc qdisc replace dev eth0 root cake bandwidth 1100mbit # out of cpu,
basically, at 700 mbit
tc qdisc replace dev eth0 root cake unlimited # still stuck at 700mbit

kept the thing at 700mbits (out of cpu at that point).

tc qdisc del dev eth0 root cake
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root cake unlimited # native rate of 1gbit achieved

http://blog.cerowrt.org