[Cake] cake for net-next 4.8

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 13:52:27 EDT 2016

> On 25 Sep, 2016, at 21:30, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Judging from me tearing apart how TCP BBR works (presently) with ecn,
> it looks like we need to add the equivalent to fq_codel ce_threshold
> behaviors as well.

If I’m reading the legend correctly, you are setting ce_threshold to 1ms to get the better-controlled result.  But that effectively disables the codel algorithm and turns it into a simple “mark all packets over 1ms sojourn” for ECN capable traffic, because it’s a tighter limit than codel’s target.  That’s too aggressive for non-BBR traffic.

In these cases, I think you have to relax and let the FQ action take care of it.