[Cake] cake for net-next 4.8

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 15:54:52 EDT 2016

> On 27 Sep, 2016, at 22:29, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> OK, at some point, but I have to abandon the lab, it looks like:

Yet another reason to be glad I live in a cold and slightly damp country.

> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/bbr-dev/VNUBKAeJSdc

If BBR is not currently responding to CE marks, then ce_threshold should have no effect.  This leaves me confused as to what the graph actually shows.

But COBALT does have a better chance of controlling the spike after a short gap, because its resuming behaviour is more aggressive than standard Codel.  It will just have to do so with drops rather than marks.

 - Jonatan Morton