[Cake] WireGuard Queuing, Bufferbloat, Performance, Latency, and related issues

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Fri Sep 30 19:21:04 EDT 2016

Hi all,

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 9:18 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> All: I've always dreamed of a vpn that could fq and - when it was
> bottlenecking on cpu - throw away packets intelligently. Wireguard,
> which is what jason & co are working on, is a really simple, elegant
> set of newer vpn ideas that currently has a queuing model designed to
> optimize for multi-cpu encryption, and not, so much, for managing
> worst case network behaviors, or fairness, or working on lower end
> hardware.

Would love any feedback and support for working on the queuing model
with WireGuard. I hear the bufferbloat folks are geniuses at that...

> Do do a git clone of the code, and take a look... somewhere on the
> wireguard list, or privately, jason'd pointed me at the relevant bits
> of the queuing model.

It was this post:
https://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/wireguard/2016-August/000378.html
Start reading from "There are a couple reasons" and finish at
"chunking them somehow." The rest can be disregarded.

Hope to hear from y'all soon!

Thanks,
Jason