[Cake] Getting Cake to work better with Steam and similar applications

Dendari Marini dendari92 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 12:05:55 EDT 2017

Hello, thanks for your reply.

Looks like most of your options are okay, including the correct “dual”
> modes and “ingress” mode in the right place.  However, I think you need to
> adjust your bandwidth and overhead settings, otherwise Cake isn’t reliably
> in control of the bottleneck queues.  Try these to begin with:
>
> … bandwidth 850Kbit conservative dual-srchost nat
>
> … bandwidth 15Mbit conservative dual-dsthost nat ingress
>
> That should give you correct operation, and you can fine-tune from there.

Just did quick test with your settings. First thing I noticed is my final
download bandwidth is about 12Mbps, Steam on PC1 downloads at 1.4-1.5MB/s
while downloading a file on PC2 seems to max out at ~250KB/s. From my
understanding I should see each PC download at ~700KB/s, or am I mistaken?