[Cake] Cake] Current status and recommendations for APU2C*/ArcherC7 and ath10k platforms?

Dave Taht dave at taht.net
Fri Apr 21 01:13:00 EDT 2017

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> writes:

> Jon Pike <jonpike54 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Thought this might be a good place to ask a question or two abt the
>> wifi fast stuff... while Toke's listening.
>>
>> 1. What's the status of make wifi fast on the ath10k now, or did it
>> make it there yet?
>
> Well, the queue rework is in there, but only enabled for certain
> hardware. Not for the Archer, though...

I have had it running on the archer's ath10k, but we had so many other
bugs to deal with at the time that I haven't gone back to try it - most
o the time you are running out of cpu on the archer in the other direction.

>> 2. Is there any benefit or reason to use (or not) the optional Caldera
>> ath10k driver vs the standard one? (Possibly no MWFF connection)
>
> The caldera driver (and firmware) will do ad-hoc mode. Not sure what
> else is different...

Candelatech.

I have been running that firmware in adhoc mode for a few weeks now and
am about to try a field deployment of the ubnt uap-lites.

It is MUCH faster that 802.11n is at short distances, I'm about to try
1000 feet or so, through a whole lotta trees.

"Caldera" brings back nightmares.