[Cake] Getting Cake to work better with Steam and similar applications

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 11:11:54 EDT 2017

Dendari Marini wrote:

>> That is strange, if you are running the ping tests from the same
>> PC maybe there is something strange going on with windows.

Context lost .... I was referring to 1mbit test failing for you.

> I tested on both of my PCs. Also I didn't just do ping tests, but
> used real application like TeamSpeak or games with in-game network
> tools to analyze the issue. You can find my Ubiquiti Forums post with
> some more info in one of the earlier mail I sent.

OK I haven't looked yet, but have been trying to sim some things.

With the ingress param shaping at 1mbit 5 tcps (cubic or bbr) really
destroys latency.

With the caveat that my test may be flawed, I am currently suspecting
that cake cobalt head + ingress param and a low rate is buggy.